www.medinafoodservice.co.uk and medina.coldweb.co.uk (Website) and the Medina Foodservice Application (App) is brought to you by Medina Quay Meats Limited t/a Medina Foodservice, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 742962 whose registered office address 12 Romney Place, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6LE.
WHY YOU SHOULD READ THIS POLICY
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other relevant legislation, Medina Quay Meats Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information that you provide
Personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) will be obtained whenever you complete forms, create an account or place an order with us.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send feedback, contact us for any reason and by any medium, sign up to a service, share information via the Website’s and App’s social media functions.
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal data from time to time. If such data is requested, you will be given additional information as to why the sensitive personal data is being requested and how it will be used.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
- receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices;
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which will be added to the information already held about you in order for us to help supply our services and products to you.
INFORMATION THAT WILL BE COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website or the App. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device, laptop or computer that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, IP address or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface).
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the Website or App. For example, we may collect contact information, login information and friends lists with your prior consent.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology or such other location tracking software we may use from time to time. Some of the features of the Website and App may require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE USED
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To help identify you and any accounts you hold with Medina Foodservice;
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- Marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- Fraud prevention and detection;
- Billing and order fulfilment for purchases and orders made, whether through the Website, App or Telesales office for example;
- Credit scoring and credit checking—see ‘Credit checking’, below;
- Customising the Website and App and their content to your particular preferences;
- To notify you of any changes to the Website, App or to our services or products that may affect you;
- Improving our services and products.
WHAT IS OUR LAWFUL BASIS OR GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under laws that are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data.
We may also need to process your personal data to comply with any legal obligations which may be applicable. Likewise, we may process your personal data where this is in the public interest or it is to protect your vital interests, but this will only be in rare circumstances.
In most cases, our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our services to you.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our services to you, however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say “legitimate interests”, we mean our (or a third party’s) interests in enabling us to provide our services to you as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this in part because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
If you have provided your consent to receive news, special offers or promotions from us, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message and/or email about products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you.
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others via our Website and/or App. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 50 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women on the Isle of Wight).
Requests to sign up to our special offers is done so through Mail Chimp and subscription is granted based on a two-factor authentication process. This will provide us with the date, time and IP address at which you opted in and again re-confirmed your subscription to ensure we have proof of consent to send marketing emails to you. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email, calling our office or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies that become partners or part of a group with Medina Quay Meats Limited;
- a third party who acquires Medina Quay Meats Limited or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- a third party who may be appointed to deal with collection of outstanding debt such as but not limited to a debt collection agency and/or bailiff;
- business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- where you create an account on the Website or App, this will be controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- We will store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
TRANSFERS OF DATA OUT OF THE EEA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In the case that we use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to us is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example. A copy of your information is also stored securely on our internal server and computers where access is restricted.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using our contact details at the bottom of this policy.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
- If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email of telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to object to any direct marketing.
To assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us using our email email@example.com
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, to be amended or be removed.
HOW LONG WE WILL STORE YOUR DATA
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve the Website content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
CONSENT (NOTIFICATION ON HOME PAGE)
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on the Website which, for example, we may use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Website. If you want further information, please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
DESCRIPTION OF COOKIES
The cookies that we utilise on our Website are placed to fulfil such functions as allowing visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms, analysing how you use the Website and giving you a better more personalised experience.
Our Website uses the following cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
Some of the cookies we utilise on our website include:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Google Analytics utmt||Valid 10 minutes, used to throttle the request rate|
|Google Analytics utma||Valid 2 years, keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to a site, when the first visit was and when the last visit occurred.|
|Google Analytics utmb||End of session, time stamps the exact moment a visitor enters a site.|
|Google Analytics utmc||Valid 30 minutes, Time stamps the exact moment a visitor leaves a site.|
|Google Analytics utmz||Valid 6 months, keeps track of where a visitor came from, what search engine was used, what was clicked on, what keyword was used and where in the world the visitor is.|
|Google Analytics||Third party requests|